Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St Peter’s, Sistine Chapel, Small-Group Upgrade Option
Skip The Line
Hear the stories and secrets of the intriguing Vatican while following your guide through incredible rooms like the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps, a... Read More
Hear the stories and secrets of the intriguing Vatican while following your guide through incredible rooms like the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps, a seemingly never-ending corridor adorned with intricately detailed Italian maps. Pass through the Gallery of Candelabras, seeing ancient sculptures and opulent candelabras from Imperial villas, and wander through Bramante’s Pinecone Courtyard to pose for pictures in front of the bronze Pigna statue.
Amble through Raphael’s Rooms, marveling at the interconnecting galleries that showcase the artistic genius of Raphael, and then enter the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel – the crowning glory of any visit to the Vatican. Gaze up at Michelangelo’s famous The Creation of Adamceiling fresco, see The Last Judgement on the chapel’s back wall and absorb the sacred ambiance of the pope’s private chapel.
Your tour finishes with a fully guided visit to St Peter’s Basilica, the home of the Catholic Church, where more artistic masterpieces await. See La Pieta, a stunning Michelangelo sculpture created by the artist when he was just 24, and admire Bernini’s Baldachino – the ornate bronze canopy that sits above St Peter’s high altar. Bid your guide farewell and take a stroll through St Peter’s Square if you wish.
8:10am Small-Group Tour:
Upgrade to the 8:10am tour, and not only will you skip the long lines to enter the Vatican Museums, but you’ll gain access as soon as the doors open -- before the general public step foot inside. Groups never exceed 12 people, ensuring you’ll see the Vatican highlights up-close with personalized attention from your guide.
Book the evening tour and explore the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel after the main closing times – an opportunity available for a strictly limited season. Access is only possible for people pre-booking an evening tour, so book now to secure your spot! The season runs every Friday from May 6 until July 26, and then from September 6 until October 30. Numbers are limited to 20 people. Tour does not include a visit to St Peter's Basilica. Read Less
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Small-group tour
Concludes at St. Peter's Basilica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Guided visits are not allowed inside St. Peter's on afternoon tours due to religious functions. In this case guides provide full commentary from the Basilica's porch, and guests can visit the interior at their own pace without the guide
- Tours departing Wednesday: There is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed.
- Do you cater to wheelchair users? Do you or the Vatican provide wheelchairs? This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible or either strollers. For your information, Vatican Museums provide wheelchairs free of charge in the main lobby. You can easily pick one up after entrance, before starting your own independent visit. If you are looking for a guided tour with wheelchair access, we recommend booking our private tours so a guide can lead you through the alternate routes.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.View Less
Our guide Anna was wonderful...informative, interesting and made our tour very enjoyable. Would highly recommend this tour
The museum and Sistine chapel experience were greatly enhanced by our knowledgeable guide, Marco. We did wait over an hour in a highly disorganized line to get into the museum. The other difficulty we had was finding the sign in spot— it was not near the museum entrance, but across the street and down a set of steps. So: not the seamless experience we had hoped for.
Definitely recommend using the skip the line feature. Our time was 8am and already there was a long line waiting to get in. Our guide did a great job of keeping us all together and informed.
This was an excellent tour with an excellent guide Guiseppe. He spoke english very well and was very knowledgeable and passionate when explaining everything we saw in the Vatican museums, and sistine chapel.
I've done this tour before and decided to do it again when traveling with adult children. The tour did not disappoint and our guide this time was even more knowledgeable than the previous on we had. All information on the voucher was accurate and we had no problem meeting up with our guide on the day of the tour.