Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St Peter’s, Sistine Chapel, Small-Group Upgrade Option
Skip The Line
Hear the stories and secrets of the intriguing Vatican while following your guide through incredible rooms like the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps, a
Hear the stories and secrets of the intriguing Vatican while following your guide through incredible rooms like the Gallery of Tapestries and the Gallery of Maps, a seemingly never-ending corridor adorned with intricately detailed Italian maps. Pass through the Gallery of Candelabras, seeing ancient sculptures and opulent candelabras from Imperial villas, and wander through Bramante’s Pinecone Courtyard to pose for pictures in front of the bronze Pigna statue.
Amble through Raphael’s Rooms, marveling at the interconnecting galleries that showcase the artistic genius of Raphael, and then enter the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel – the crowning glory of any visit to the Vatican. Gaze up at Michelangelo’s famous The Creation of Adamceiling fresco, see The Last Judgement on the chapel’s back wall and absorb the sacred ambiance of the pope’s private chapel.
Your tour finishes with a fully guided visit to St Peter’s Basilica, the home of the Catholic Church, where more artistic masterpieces await. See La Pieta, a stunning Michelangelo sculpture created by the artist when he was just 24, and admire Bernini’s Baldachino – the ornate bronze canopy that sits above St Peter’s high altar. Bid your guide farewell and take a stroll through St Peter’s Square if you wish.
8:10am Small-Group Tour:
Upgrade to the 8:10am tour, and not only will you skip the long lines to enter the Vatican Museums, but you’ll gain access as soon as the doors open -- before the general public step foot inside. Groups never exceed 12 people, ensuring you’ll see the Vatican highlights up-close with personalized attention from your guide.
Book the evening tour and explore the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel after the main closing times – an opportunity available for a strictly limited season. Access is only possible for people pre-booking an evening tour, so book now to secure your spot! The season runs every Friday from May 6 until July 26, and then from September 6 until October 30. Numbers are limited to 20 people. Tour does not include a visit to St Peter's Basilica.
Rewards Points Earn 231
Most Popular in Rome, ItalySee All
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day…
Leave the crowds behind and head straight inside the Colosseum with your skip-the-line entrance ticket! In a group of no more than 25 people, explore the first and second tiers of this A-list attraction with a guide, learning about the gladiators who competed in the Colosseum's gory gladiatorial games. Finish with a tour of the Roman Forum in Ancient Rome and admire incredible ruins, like the Temple of Julius Caesar.If you want to see the Colosseum Underground Chambers, Arena and Upper Tier, then upgrade! - These areas that are either newly opened or normally off-limits.
Rewards Points Earn 174
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St…
See the highlights of Vatican City with an expert guide, visiting the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica! After paying your entrance fee direct, head inside the world's largest collection of private art with an expert guide, and see for yourself why the Vatican is a mecca for millions of travelers. Explore intriguing sites like Raphael's Rooms and then visit the Sistine Chapel to see incredible frescoes by Michelangelo. Finish with a tour of St Peter's Basilica, and see the beautiful 'La Pieta' sculpture while learning about it from your guide. Choose from a selection of different start times or upgrade to a small-group tour (12 people maximum).Important: Entrance tickets to the Vatican Museums are NOT included and will be provided by the agency at an additional cost (on the spot).
Rewards Points Earn 123
Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Semi-Private Day Trip from…
Take this incredible Rome day trip to the Amalfi Coast, and discover the dreamy coastal scenery that typifies this stunning area of southern Italy. Spend time at leisure in the picture-perfect towns of Amalfi and Positano, and then head to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii -the ancient town that was blanketed beneath a sea of Mount Vesuvius' volcanic ash for centuries.Numbers are limited to seven/eight on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
Rewards Points Earn 843
Naples and Pompeii Day Trip from Rome
Combine a trip to Naples with a tour of Pompeii's ruins on a full-day excursion from Rome! From the comfort of your coach, see the sights of Naples, admiring the Royal Palace, Castel dell'Ovo, Piazza del Plebiscito and more. Hear tales of Bourbon kings who once ruled the city, and then travel inland to visit Pompeii. Stop for lunch and then tour the UNESCO-listed ruins, seeing incredible monuments that lay undiscovered for centuries.
Rewards Points Earn 468
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Small-group tour
- Entrance fee
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entry
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Concludes at St. Peter's Basilica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Guided visits are not allowed inside St. Peter's on afternoon tours due to religious functions. In this case guides provide full commentary from the Basilica's porch, and guests can visit the interior at their own pace without the guide
- Pre-booking this ticket enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours!) to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- Tours departing Wednesday: There is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please DO NOT select Wednesday as your travel date.
- We are unable to accommodate other entrance times. Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives late cannot be accommodated
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
- Duration of the walking tour is 3-hours
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you'll spend a full 3 hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. The tour guides aim to notify guests if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- Do you cater to wheelchair users? Do you or the Vatican provide wheelchairs? This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible or either strollers. For your information, Vatican Museums provide wheelchairs free of charge in the main lobby. You can easily pick one up after entrance, before starting your own independent visit. If you are looking for a guided tour with wheelchair access, we recommend booking our private tours so a guide can lead you through the alternate routes.
- When our tour is over will we be able to visit St. Peter's Basilica or the grottos or dome? Absolutely. Our tours end at the front of St Peter's Basilica, which is a very convenient location to leave for lunch, visit the Vatican bookstore, visit the Vatican post office, enter St Peter's Basilica, continue to the grottos below St Peter's, or climb to the dome. Your guide will happily point you in the right direction!
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that these items are not taken on this tour
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Alex was an amazing guide! The Vatican museum was fantastic a must see, our highlight was the ceilings and tapestries they are like optical illusions, so neat a must see. Sistine Chapel was not at all what we expected. St. Peters is jaw dropping. Highly recommend this tour.
Great tour. Skip the line was immensely valuable. Would recommend. The guide was knowledgeable, moved at a good pace and was very friendly. Having been on some bad tours lately, I can say I appreciate how awesome this tour was from start to finish.
awesome tour! just loved it .
Great tour. So informative. The guide was well versed and very passionate about describing all the key exhibits. The technology worked very well and we could hear the guide easily throughout the entire experience. Lots of walking...they mean it when they say wear comfortable shoes. Would definitely recommend.
Absolutely fantastic tour - highly recommended. Our tour guide Angela had so much knowledge and took the visit to the Vatican to the next level - great day!
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.