Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
Skip The Line
As you walk around the Colosseum’s first and second tiers, your guide will keep you entertained with
As you walk around the Colosseum’s first and second tiers, your guide will keep you entertained with tales of gladiators, mock sea-battles and executions -- a fascinating insight into the amphitheater's gruesome past. Wander its circumference and learn what it must have been like when the crowds were roaring and the gladiator’s fate was decided by an emperor on a whim.
After exploring the Colosseum, head outside and walk the short distance to the Roman Forum for an up-close look at some of Ancient Rome’s most evocative ruins. See sites like the Temple of Julius Caesar and the intriguing House of the Vestal Virgins, before strolling up Palatine Hill to admire the views of the ruins below. Look down over Nero’s Circus Maximus, where chariot races were once held, and then finish your tour on the Palatine Hill – the most famous of the Seven Hills of Rome.
If you want to explore the Colosseum, and enjoy access to the arena floor, the underground chambers and the third tier, then upgrade! These areas are either newly opened or normally off limits, so by upgrading you’ll experience the Colosseum as few others do. The Upgrade option last 3.5hours.
Walk around the reconstructed arena floor, where the gladiators once fought, and peer down in to the underground chambers below. Then, head below ground to explore them yourself, seeing the pits where lions and tigers were once caged. Your Colosseum experience finishes with a stroll around the third tier where you can enjoy panoramic views into the Colosseum as well as out onto Palatine Hill. Your tour finishes with a visit to the Roman Forum as per the standard tour option.
Rewards Points Earn 183
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum
- Entrance fee to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Return DetailsConcludes at the Roman Forum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
- Not wheelchair accessible. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Important: Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Well organized tour that lived up to its skip the line billing and provided a nice overview of the geography and some of the history of Ancient Rome. The guide provided a lively and informative commentary. Excellent introduction to a large area and complicated story that provided solid groundwork for follow-up visits and further exploration on our own.
Damiano hope I'm spelling his name correctly was a wonderful guide ... super friendly, knowledgeable and lots of fun. There is quite a bit of walking and stairs but the pace is good so you don't feel rushed. The group size was a little large ... I think 12-15 max would be best especially at locations that are typically very crowded and busy. At times I would loose sight of our guide and have to rely on what he was saying to locate him. Having said that, Damiano was very good at checking in to make sure the group was all together before moving too far along.
Truly an experience. Guided tour was great.So glad to have booked this.
Totally recommend! Loved seeing all that Rome had to offer!
The guide was an art historian and passionate about the architecture of Ancient Rome. At each stop in the Colosseum or Forum she brought out a drawing or picture of its former state. She was informative and engaging. While we started our early the Colosseum did get very busy before our tour was complete. In spite of the crowds I felt we got an excellent feel for the sites because the guide was so well educated and knew how to impart that knowledge to the group.
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.
Guests Also Viewed Similar Activities
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums with St Peter's,...
Rewards Points Earn 222
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and...
Rewards Points Earn 141
Rome Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
Rewards Points Earn 102
Pompeii and Vesuvius - Day Trip From Rome
Rewards Points Earn 441