Rome Super Saver: Colosseum and Ancient Rome with Best of Rome Afternoon Walking Tour
Skip The Line
Perfect for first-time visitors, this 3-hour, small-group morning tour starts with a gentle stroll up the Oppian Hill to enjoy unforgettable views of the Colosseum -- Ancient Rome's most iconic landmark. After heading back down, skip the long entrance lines of the Colosseum and enjoy priority access to explore this famous attraction with your expert guide. As you walk around the fascinating ground and first
Perfect for first-time visitors, this 3-hour, small-group morning tour starts with a gentle stroll up the Oppian Hill to enjoy unforgettable views of the Colosseum -- Ancient Rome's most iconic landmark. After heading back down, skip the long entrance lines of the Colosseum and enjoy priority access to explore this famous attraction with your expert guide. As you walk around the fascinating ground and first floors, hear stories from your guide about the amphitheater's intriguingly brutal past filled with bloodthirsty gladiators.
After leaving the Colosseum, head into Ancient Rome to see the Arch of Constantine before walking through the Roman Forum and up Palatine Hill. Your tour ends on Via Sacra, the main street that links the Colosseum to Capitoline Hill. Enjoy roughly two hours at your leisure. Explore the impressive ruins or have lunch at any of the several nearby restaurants (own expense) before your afternoon tour.
Best of Rome Walking Tour:
After rejoining your small group and guide at Piazza di Spagna, set off at a leisurely pace with your guide on a 2.5-hour walking tour. Heading to Rome's center, pass the beautiful Santa Maria del Popolo Church and hear interesting tales and legends such as how the hated Emperor Nero was buried near this church. Continue to the Spanish Steps that lead elegantly down from the church of Trinita dei Monti before taking a break by the majestic Trevi Fountain.
Continue with a stroll through Piazza Colonna, a stylish square considered by the ancient Romans as the center of the city. Then, enjoy a fantastic photo opportunity at the world-famous Pantheon, a unique historic temple with sleek marble columns. Follow your guide through bustling Piazza Navona, typified by its ornate fountains, Baroque architecture and lively sidewalk cafés.
Rewards Points Earn 282
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Skip the line
- Small group ensures personal service
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Colosseum
- Entrance fees to Ancient Rome
- A hot drink (coffee or hot chocolate) in winter
- A gelato in the summer
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Interior visit of the Pantheon
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair, canes and walker accessible
- Important: Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- There will be ongoing restoration work on (or to the buildings surrounding) the Spanish Steps, this will cause some visual disturbance and will affect the viewing and photo opportunities of these monuments.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
This tour was amazing!
A great tour with a very good guide who took her time to speak clearly and with everyone present and in hearing range. Time of departure and finish were accurate, even with the temperature being around 30 degrees. Explanations of different sites were short, to the point and covered the major historical aspects of the relevant site. Explanations of the excavation works was very interesting. So much history in one close area is awesome to view and learn about.
Was a wonderful experience! Would go again! Be prepared for some walking :
Great combination of tours, with lots of walking in the morning half, but less in the afternoon half. Two wonderful guides. Only complaint is that the afternoon tour finishes far from where it begins, with no easy way to get back to the Metro.
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.
Guests Also Viewed Similar Activities
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums with St Peter's,...
Rewards Points Earn 222
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day...
Rewards Points Earn 183
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and...
Rewards Points Earn 141
Rome Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
Rewards Points Earn 102